Family Law Attorneys Serving King and Snohomish County
Few areas of the law are more personal than those dealing with families such as spouses and partners, parents and grandparents, and brothers and sisters. When the law intersects with issues that affect those relationships, people look for guidance from attorneys who not only understand the legal implications of their situation but understand the human side of it as well. At Luminosity Law in Mountlake Terrance, we help people in communities throughout Snohomish County and King County by seeking the least stressful resolution. When trials and court intervention become necessary, we approach cases mindfully, strategically and efficiently, but with compassion. Every situation comes with its own challenges, and we work diligently to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Advocacy and legal guidance in all areas of family law
The unique nature of family law is that one particular “area” is surrounded by other issues. Divorce is rarely just about the dissolution of a marriage and spouses going their separate ways, but also includes the well-being of children. Whatever spousal or financial support orders or agreements that were made initially may need modification because of life changes. We are prepared to help in a full range of family law issues:
- Divorce: Including agreed, contested and high net-worth divorces
- Legal separation: We help you obtain a Decree of Legal Separation if for some reason (usually religious) you prefer not to seek a divorce.
- Property division/division of debts and assets: Guidance in all phases of property division, including appraisals and valuations
- Enforcement of final divorce order: Representation and advocacy when circumstances require legal intervention to effectuate the terms of the Final Divorce Order.
- Modification of Existing Orders: Changes in income, residence, marital/relationship status or other significant life changes may mean that child support, parenting plans or spousal maintenance require modification and assistance from a qualified attorney
- Parenting and support: We work with unmarried parents to help establish a parenting plan and/or child support
- Child support: We help parents reach fair and reasonable child support solutions
- Post-secondary child support: Working to help parents resolve issues of how to pay for college or other post-secondary educational expenses for children
- Child custody/visitation: Legal guidance and representation for divorcing couples regarding parenting plans
- Domestic Violence Protection Orders: Helping protect victims of domestic violence or representing those accused thereof
- Anti-harassment/protection/restraining orders: In addition to protection from domestic violence, we help those who seek restraining orders and civil anti-harassment orders
- Limited Scope Divorce: For those wishing to represent themselves (pro se) in a divorce, we offer the option of “unbundled” legal services in which we help in only those areas our client seeks legal guidance, such as drafting documents or coaching for court hearings
- Enforcement of Orders and/or Contempt Actions: Filing Motions for Contempt or Motion for Enforcement in matters such as failure to pay child support, failure to pay spousal maintenance, or failure to comply with a parenting plan
- Marital Separation Agreements/Property Separation Agreements: Negotiating and evaluating terms
- Relocation Actions/Move Away: Working with clients in situations where a parent wants to relocate children
- Mediation Support/Arbitration Support: Guidance and support throughout the Alternative Resolution Dispute (ADR) processes
Commitment and compassion in all areas and through all phases of family law matters
To discuss your needs and learn more about our approach and how we can help, please call us at (425) 275-5000 or contact us online to schedule a confidential initial consultation. We serve clients throughout Snohomish County and King County.